What is a career?
A CAREER is the sum total of your life experiences including paid and unpaid work, and community, volunteer, and family activities.
Where to start?
If you have decided that you are ready to start the career planning process, you're in the right place. The information below will direct you to a variety of resources that will help you on the way to personal growth and success.
- ALIS CAREER Insite- CAREER Inside is a career planning tool offered by the Alberta Learning Information Service which can help with some of your decision making as you look towards carving out a plan for your short- and long-term future
- Youth Canada- Youth Canada provides a number of services including job and education planning tools, advice about major life events such as moving or traveling, and tips to help manage your money as you begin to take on more financial responsibility.
- Career Information Hotline- The Alberta Learning Information Service provides advice and referrals for your career, education, and employment options.
- Job Bank- A Service Canada database of many available jobs for a wide variety of fields and levels of experience or expertise.
- Careers: The Next Generation - An industry-driven website dedicated to the career development of Alberta's youth.
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Social 30-1 or 30-2
- Math at the 20 level
- Science at the 20 level (or 10 credits)
- Phys. Ed. 10
- CALM 20
- 10 credits in any combination of: CTS, Fine Arts, Phys. Ed. 20/30, or a 2nd language
- 10 other credits at the 30 level
- At least 110 total credits